Affordable Device Program Pro Laptop Agreement
Terms & Conditions
The National Digital Equity Center’s (NDEC) Laptop program is offered to any Maine resident who has high-speed internet access and meets specific income eligibility requirements. Based on your application to the NDEC Laptop Program, you are receiving a new Dell laptop including a wireless mouse and a license for Microsoft Office 2021 which you will receive on completing your laptop ownership requirements.
Your use of this Laptop is subject to the terms and conditions set forth in the agreement below, and by accepting this Laptop, you agree to the terms and conditions contained in this document.
- I agree that I am an experienced computer user, able to set up my own email on this new Windows 10 computer and register for and participate in NDEC Online classes via Zoom without assistance.
- I understand this property is on loan to me until I have:
- Demonstrated competency in Internet Safety and Windows 10 through a proctored online assessment session; and
- Completed at least one online NDEC class of my choice from the available NDEC online classes. I understand that I can take unlimited free NDEC online classes.
- In the event that I do not pass the assessments, I agree to enroll in and complete the class for the assessment(s) I did not pass – Internet Safety and/or Windows 10 Basics.
- After completion of these requirements, a Certificate of Ownership and the Microsoft Office 2021 license key will be emailed to me at the email address provided upon registration.
- I understand that should I fail to complete these requirements within three months after receipt of my new laptop, I will be contacted by NDEC with instructions and a pre-addressed mailing label to return the laptop to NDEC.
- I will not disassemble or attempt to repair the Laptop assigned to me.
- I will take care of the Laptop and use reasonable efforts to avoid damaging it. If the Laptop assigned to me is lost, stolen or damaged, I agree to call NDEC at 207-259-5010 immediately. I understand that NDEC may choose not to replace or repair the Laptop in its sole discretion. If it is determined that my negligence results in a damaged or missing laptop, I may be charged a $400 replacement fee.
- Technical Support for the Laptop can be reached by calling NDEC at 207-259-5010 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Upon termination of this agreement – whether through my own choice or NDEC’s – I agree to return the Laptop assigned to me unlocked and in good working condition.
- I understand that I can also return the Laptop at any time to the NDEC at which time it will be reset to remove any and all of my information as part of a safe recycle/refurbishment process.
If you do not agree to abide by the terms of this End User Agreement, please contact us at (207) 259-5010. We will provide you instructions to return the laptop to the National Digital Equity Center.