Affordable Device Program Laptop Agreement
Terms & Conditions
The National Digital Equity Center’s (NDEC) Laptop program is offered to any Maine resident who has high-speed internet access and meets specific income eligibility requirements. Your Windows 10 PC refurbished laptop is sponsored by the NDEC Affordable Devices Program.
Your use of this Laptop is subject to the terms and conditions set forth in the agreement below, and by accepting this Laptop, you agree to the terms and conditions contained in this document.
- I understand this property is on loan to me until I have completed the required online NDEC classes. After completion of these classes a certificate of ownership will be emailed to me at the email address provided upon registration.
- I understand that should I fail to complete the required online classes within one month after receipt of the laptop, I will be contacted by NDEC with instructions and a pre-addressed mailing label to return the laptop to NDEC.
- Alternatively, I can purchase the laptop at a cost of $400.00 (includes the cost of the Laptop, set up & provisioning, shipping and re-stocking).
- I will not disassemble or attempt to repair the Laptop assigned to me.
- I will take care of the Laptop and use reasonable efforts to avoid damaging it. If the Laptop assigned to me is lost, stolen or damaged, I agree to call NDEC at 207-259-5010 immediately. I understand that NDEC may choose not to replace or repair the Laptop in its sole discretion.
- Technical Support for the Laptop can be reached by calling NDEC at 207-259-5010 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Upon termination of this agreement – whether through my own choice or NDEC’s – I agree to return the Laptop assigned to me unlocked and in good working condition.
- I understand that I can also return the Laptop at any time to the NDEC at which time it will be reset to remove any and all of my information as part of a safe recycle/refurbishment process.
If you do not agree to abide by the terms of this End User Agreement, please contact us at (207) 259-5010. We will provide you instructions to return the laptop to the National Digital Equity Center.