Desktop Computer Terms & Conditions
The National Digital Equity Center’s (NDEC) Desktop computer program is offered to any Maine resident who has high-speed internet access and meets specific income eligibility requirements. Your Windows 10 PC refurbished desktop computer is sponsored by the NDEC Affordable Devices Program.
Your use of this Desktop computer is subject to the terms and conditions set forth in the agreement below, and by accepting this Desktop computer, you agree to the terms and conditions contained in this document.
- I understand this property is on loan to me until I have completed the required online NDEC classes.
- I can request tutoring to learn how to use the desktop computer before taking the required classes;
- I must take Internet Safety and either Windows 10 Basics or Windows 10 Intermediate.
- after completion of these classes a certificate of ownership will be emailed to me at the email address provided upon registration.
- I understand that should I fail to complete the required online classes within one month after receipt of the desktop, I will be contacted by NDEC with instructions and a pre-addressed mailing label to return the desktop to NDEC.
- Alternatively, I can purchase the desktop at a cost of $300.00 (includes the cost of the Desktop computer, set up & provisioning, shipping and re-stocking).
- I will not disassemble or attempt to repair the Desktop computer assigned to me.
- I will take care of the Desktop computer and use reasonable efforts to avoid damaging it.
- If the Desktop computer assigned to me is lost, stolen or damaged, I agree to call NDEC at 207-259-5010 immediately.
- I understand that NDEC may choose not to replace or repair the Desktop computer in its sole discretion.
- Technical Support for the Desktop computer can be reached by calling NDEC at 207-259-5010 or email email@example.com.
- Upon termination of this agreement – whether through my own choice or NDEC’s – I agree to return the Desktop computer assigned to me unlocked and in good working condition.
- I understand that I can also return the Desktop computer at any time to the NDEC at which time it will be reset to remove any and all of my information as part of a safe recycle/refurbishment process.
If you do not agree to abide by the terms of this End User Agreement, please contact us at (207) 259-5010. We will provide you instructions to return the Desktop computer to the National Digital Equity Center and/or your sponsoring organization.