Digital Navigators Needed!
The National Digital Equity Center is looking for staff to join our team as Digital Navigators – serving communities in specific regions of Maine. A Digital Navigator is a trusted guide who assists residents with internet adoption and the use of computing devices.
- Are you committed to closing the “digital divide” in your Maine county or tribal community?
- Are you someone that others – especially older residents – go to for help in learning how to use their devices?
- Do you have the commitment and enthusiasm needed to help bring more NDEC Partner Onsite Classes to your county or tribal community?
- Is assisting low-income residents to get affordable internet access something that you are passionate about too?
If you answer “Yes!” to these questions or “I’d like to find out more!”, becoming an NDEC Digital Navigator may be for you. Applicants must be able to meet the following requirements:
- Must reside in the county or tribal community for the position to which they are applying.
- Must have a home-based office with high-speed internet access.
- Excellent communication skills, compassion, and patience.
- Comfortable with using and teaching others how to use Windows 10 and Android devices.
- Available during the hours of 8:30 am to 8 pm EST, Monday through Friday excluding holidays.
- Travel within the county or tribal community is required as a part of this position (reliable vehicle is needed)
- Must have a valid Maine Driver’s License
- Must have auto liability insurance
- Willing to abide by the National Digital Equity Center’s Code of Conduct – https://digitalequitycenter.org/ndec-code-of-conduct/
- Starting pay: $24.00/hr.
The following positions are currently available:
- One half-time position – Cumberland County
- Two half-time positions – Androscoggin County
- Two half-time positions – Penobscot Nation at Indian Island
- Two half-time positions – Penobscot & Piscataquis Counties
- One 25-hour position – Somerset County
Please send a resume and a letter of inquiry to email@example.com.