Digital Navigators Needed!
The National Digital Equity Center iwill be hiring Digital Navigators across the state. A Digital Navigator is a trusted guide who assists Maine residents with internet adoption and the use of computing devices.
- Are you committed to closing the “digital divide” in Maine?
- Are you someone that others – especially older residents – go to for help in learning how to use their devices?
- Do you have the commitment and enthusiasm needed to help bring more NDEC Partner Onsite Classes to your area of Maine?
- Is helping low-income Maine residents get affordable internet access something that you are passionate about too?
If you answer “Yes!” to these questions or “I’d like to find out more!”, becoming an NDEC Digital Navigator may be for you. Applicants for these positions based must be able to meet the following requirements:
- Must reside in Maine.
- Must have a home-based office with high-speed internet access.
- Excellent communication skills, compassion, and patience.
- Comfortable with using and teaching others how to use Windows 10 and Android devices.
- Available for at least 20 hours a week during the hours of 8:30 am to 8 pm EST, Monday through Friday excluding holidays.
- Travel may be required as a part of this position (reliable vehicle is needed):
- Must have a valid Maine Driver’s License
- Must have auto liability insurance
- Willing to abide by the National Digital Equity Center’s Code of Conduct – https://digitalequitycenter.org/ndec-code-of-conduct/
- Starting pay: $20.00/hr.
Please send a resume and a letter of inquiry to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The National Digital Equity Center is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and does not discriminate on the grounds of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, including transgender status and gender expression, national origin, citizenship status, age, disability, genetic information or veteran’s status in employment, education, and all other programs and activities.